Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Painted Furniture!! Everywhere!!!

One thing that became very clear while I was at market recently is that painted furniture is what is HOT! Any style furniture can have a whole new look with a painted finish.  Some are finished with a distressed look while others are painted in shiny lacquer.  All colors are out there.  You can breathe new life into an old boring piece of furniture or buy new that is already painted.  My youngest daughter and I have been haunting thrift stores lately and giving new life to some great old pieces.  We actually found a vintage Drexel Heritage dining room set that is awesome with the chairs painted shiny black.  when we finish with it I will post pics.  Soooo much fun!!  So don't throw it out, PAINT IT! Here are a few pics of great painted furniture I have run into lately.

Have fun with your decorating!!!  ele










tobifairley.com


tobifairley.com


I actually bought this pair of little tables for my new guest room.


2 comments:

Anna Pearson said...

I love this post! Wanted to share a great blog with you. I think you would LOVE it. betterafter.blogspot.com

Susan Birnie said...

Please post pictures of the table and chairs! I have my Grandmother's Ethan Allen table (circa 1960) and I would love to paint the chairs black but I afraid! Of course they are sitting in a storage unit so I might as well try, right?