Friday, August 26, 2011

Furniture makeover


Ahhhhhhhhhh, where has the time gone?????  Who knew it takes so much time to help your last (boo hoo) child get all packed up and ready for her 'real life' move to Florida?!  It has been a lot of fun getting stuff at resale and thrift shops and redoing for the new digs. (yes, I just said digs, hmmmmmm dating myself?)  I wanted to show you a little progress report.  I think I told you that we found a vintage Drexel Heritage dining room suite and were redoing it.  Here are the original chairs. Great 'bones' don't you think??
So we found a fabric remnant that she loved and the redo went from there.  We only had 1 1/2 yard fabric so we had to add coordinates.  I have found that when you have to work at something because of limiting factors that many times it comes out even better and more interesting.  So she started with the floral and then added the apple green diamonds and the solid blue.  Such fun colors!!!!!  Ok here is the reveal of the chairs.
Are these not just the most fun??!!!  I want them!!!!  My daughter has really good taste and an eye for color.  We haven't quite decided what to do about the table.  Thinking of painting just the legs maybe black shiny like the chairs of maybe an antiqued blue and leave the top wood toned.  Will keep you posted.  Let us know what your vote would be.  Hope this has inspired you !!!!
hugs, ele

2 comments:

wgriffin@valornet.com said...

lOVE IT. MAKES ME WANT TO PAINT MY SUNROOM FURNITURE BLACK.

Mary Lynne said...

Really like the black; also the print with solids.