Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Classic Blue and White!

Anyone who had been around me very much knows that I LOVE all things  blue and white!  I collect Flo Blue dishes and any other blue and white dishes.  What I love about b & w is that it never goes out of style.  It is classic and timeless, 2 good design essentials.  Blue and white can be used with almost any color.  In my home I have these plates hanging on 3 different colored walls; red, apple green ( my favorite) and ice blue. 
Blue and white are also terrific on yellow. (Benjamin Moore # 200 from the old deck is a good one).
 Whether it is a seaside condo, a restful bedroom or a pristine white kitchen, classic blue and white can be fabulous!  I'm not snobby about my blue and white either.  I love the inexpensive things from Pier One as well as the antique Flo Blue dishes.  Don't be afraid to mix old and new.  CAUTION: Blue walls can be really hard to pull off.  It usually needs to be a VERY pale blue or a very deep velvety color.  Most shades in between just come off garish. Better yet, let your blue and white fabrics, dishes and accessories pop off of other colors.  Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!  ele

No comments: