Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Clean Slate

My chalk board painted ironing board!!
Don't you just love a fresh start?  A clean slate? A do over? A mulligan? A second (or third or fourth)  chance? ( I think you get the picture!)) That is what New Years means to me.  A new start.  No matter how badly I may have failed at some things in 2012 or how fabulously I may have succeeded in some things, they are all in the past. 2013 is what I decide to make it. I am not a big fan of resolutions.  But I am a big fan of making plans and getting started.( Ya well there may not be much difference now that I think about it, oh well)Here are some of the new beginnings I have already started, maybe they will give you an idea or 2.

1. Read through the Bible.  I am using the One Year Bible plan on Bible.com.  I am reading it in the New Living Translation because I need all the simple help in understanding I can get. I love this app because I can read the Bible anywhere and anyplace.  On my phone, on my tablet and on pc.  You download versions that can be read offline so you dont have to depend on an internet connection. 

2. I am using the Loseit.com app to track every bite that goes into my mouth.  It also tracks my exercise.  Yes I have already started the exercise.  I lifted weights for 40 minutes yesterday!!  Yea me!!
Grant, Callan and Walker Dec. 28, 2012
I am motivated by my son who has had a huge influence on our family in the last 2 years in his "clean eating" campaign.  He has a really good blog called veganormous.com.  He is very witty and you will get a good laugh and a lot of humble encouragement. Here is a pic of Grant with his new baby Walker, born Dec. 28 and with 22 month old Callan.  Baby grands are the delights of our lives.

3. I have been on a mission for a few weeks now to bust the clutter once and for all.  If you know me well than you know I am a messy.  I am an organized (know where everything is) messy but none the less a messy.  And all my BFFs are clean freaks!!!  Yes God has a sense of humor. But they love me in spite of my deficiencies and I try to be real careful at their houses. I actually cleaned out bookcases and gave  the Salvation Army 8 boxes of books before Christmas!

Ok those are the three main areas I am starting to gear up.  I have been doing some of them for a while but need to be more consistent. ( I know you can't believe that !?) What can I say, the inconsistency goes with the artsy brain.  We are spontaneous!!!

One other thing!  I will be blogging more this year.  I have lots of ideas, not just in design but in life in general!!!  Be watching!!

I have missed you all!!  Please let me hear from you!  I would love for you to leave your favorite blog in the comments!!!  Let me in on it too!!!  And yes I am already a Pioneer Woman fan but am pretty miffed with her right now as I did NOT win a pair of those awesome boots in December!!!  bummer.

Oh, I just had a thought, a "Clean Slate" is what Jesus is offering every one of us through Jesus. 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved!'  Your sins will be wiped away as if they had never been. We all need commitment on a daily basis but I hope that you will consider committing your life to Christ with a clean slate and gain true purpose for 2013.

Hugs, ele


No comments: