Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bright spot in th midst of dreary sickness.

An inexpensive decorating idea.



The runners!
Precious sick baby Callan.
Sick, sick and more sick is what has eaten up the last month and put me so far behind this holiday season.  First I had the flu (Hump #1) and before I got well I was called to help with my sick grandbaby in Nashville who has caused her parents to miss a lot of work.  So we gladly went  over later  that week as I got stronger,  helped them out a couple of days and headed back to Memphis.  Hump #2 done. Then grandbaby came to Memphis a week later so her parents could run in the St. Jude 1/2 marathon and she woke up with the stomach virus  again.  Parents in a panic as she obviously could not go back to daycare the next day so I got in the car with them and went home to Nashville and stayed the next 4 days with a very sick baby.  Hump #3 went on endlessly for the little one. Meanwhile my hubby went down with the stomach virus (Hump # 4) and had to go it alone as his wife was off in Nashville.  Then my son began with the stomach virus  (Hump # 5)as soon as we got to Nashville. This virus is NOT a quick one and leaves your stomach problematic for several days.  Then just as baby was getting better her mother came down with a terrible throat and cough (Hump #6).  Then son caught the throat cold but got better quickly with juicing and veges. (ck out his new vegan blog  www.veganormous.com) Now I find out that the baby is back to diarrhea again!!!! (Hump #7 ongoing)  Running tests tomorrow.  Please pray.
 I say all this to tell you why I have not blogged in almost a month!  But I've been thinkin about ya!  So here are a couple of Christmas ideas I worked on during the sick duty.   These plastic  plates came from Hobby Lobby  at  1/2 price.  Just glued them together and put stick on letters for the JOY. Cute on a stand for about $7 total. The small plate came as you see it.  Got this cute idea from my sweet ( and sick) daughter in law. She also showed me hoe to make these tissue Christmas trees!  Just cut 2"x4" squares of tissue and bunch them up and pin them to foam tree forms. (also from Hobby Lobby)  Very easy to do and them set them on painted candlesticks to elevate them for a fun and inexpensive Christmas decoration. You all wash your hands and take your vitamins!!!  This sick season has way too much to offer!!!  hugs to all, ele

No comments: