Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Go Bold in Small Spaces!


Have you ever seen a wonderful wallpaper or fabric that was very big and bold and thought to yourself, 'I could never pull that off'', or  'I like that but I don't think I could take a lot of it'?.  The answer is to use it in a small place.  Half baths, utility rooms, and entry halls are perfect places to go bold. Just because a space is small does not mean it can't be fun or have bold impact.  Here is a half bath of my friends new home,  the black molding really sets off this bold paisley. ( this home actually won a home show for the design the year before she bought it)
I also have used bold pattern in my entry hall.  I have actually had this paper up for 10 years and am not a bit tired of it.  You can see it through my glass front doors and I love coming into it.
So don't be afraid, go out thee and BE BOLD! You will love it!!!
hugs to all, ele

No comments: