Friday, June 10, 2011

Fridays Favorite - a New Paint Product



1st mistake color -Behr demure pink- nice but not right
 Today I want to share with you something I have discovered that I do love.  It is BEHR paint that has primer built into it.  WALLA!!!!!  No need to prime so it covers so much better with less paint.  I just painted a bedroom (that was being used as a storage room until my married kids shamed me into making it a bedroom) in a beautiful color of peach - Behr Demure Pink.  It was very pretty but this designer does sometimes make mistakes in haste and especially on my own house.  The color was so pretty and soft but just not what I wanted.  I was in a hurry for company that was coming and I just picked something random with out thinking it through in order to have a freshly painted room for company.  Now (a week later) I have had it repainted to a color from Sherwin Williams, (Rainwashed)  but mixed into this new Behr paint at Home Depot.  Now it is sooo restful.  Sometimes starting with a totally blank page in a room (see pic below) is harder to do because you don't have any starting points. (another post coming about that later) .  I will keep you informed on the progress of this little room.  It is tiny 10x12.  Just large enough for a queen bed and 2 tiny nightstands.  But tiny does not mean it cannot be PRETTY!!!!!Stay in touch to see how this tiny room develops.  I will be away from the computer for a few days as I am going where there is no internet.  Talk to you next week!  ele
p.s. Please be patient with my photography as I am still learning to use my new camera and don't have the lighting down obviously!

New paint the right color
 


icky old builder white dirty walls
 

No comments: