Tuesday, May 3, 2011

From Cobalt to Navy- The Blues are Back

Sorry to have not posted in the last few days but my computer got eaten by a nasty virus!!  I want to know just where the slimey weasels are that spend all that time to get into our stuff!!! Get a real job!!!  Ok, now that I have that off my chest!  On with the news! I'm sure you all remember that I Love ALL things BLUE!

Happy mornings!

Soooo........ I am very happy that the deep rich blues are everywhere.  The colors are very deep rich shades from cobalt blue to dark inky (is that a word?) navy. When I say the blues are back, that does not mean the color was ever out of style, it just means that retailers are producing a lot of items in these colors. No color is truly ever out of style if it is used properly.  What does go out of  style  are certain color combinations. (remember  the light blue and mauve of the 80's?) More recently light blue has been paired with chocolate brown.  Always be aware of how long a trendy combination has been going.  You don't want to jump in at the end of a color trend.  Trendy color combos are those that are shown in mass marketers (dept stores and catalogues.)  There is nothing wrong with going with the trend but jump in early so you don't look dated too soon. That being said I want to reiterate how blue and white is always classic.  Here are some wonderful inspiration rooms using blues.  These photos are from the April issue of Traditional Home Magazine, one of my favorites!  I also spotted a fabulous blue glass lamp in Target.  Who knew?!  Love those blues.  ele

Cool white makes the blue POP!



Look at those great lattice print pillows. 


1 comment:

Kyle said...

I'm pretty sure that 'inky' is a word. If it isn't, it should be.