Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Family Favorite Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Today I'm bringing you my most special recipe. ( because I have been away with Grand kids for a week and haven't written  I am doing something extra special)   This is the one that ALWAYS pleases my family and is the 'go to' recipe for company anytime.  Funny, I had just finished taking pics of putting this recipe together when one of my cousins emailed and said that she was making my tenderloin recipe and that I should post it!!!  Great minds thinking alike!! I have to confess that I got this recipe about 30 years ago. (did I REALLY SAY 30????). I remember a dinner party at my friend, Diana's house, when she served this and I loved it so much and just had to have the recipe.  I love it when people share their recipes (I am always suspect of those who won't.... just sayin'). Thanks Diana. Recipe is at the bottom of the page.
Put soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce into oil in a large container or large plastic bag.

Add dry mustard , other dry ingredients and chopped garlic.

Add red wine vinegar.

Add really fresh lemon juice. ( however I do cheat and use dried parsley)
Whisk everything together well!  ( I love to whisk!!!)

Put pork tenderloins in marinade.  They aren't very pretty but they sure taste great! ( they come 2 to a package, this is two packages)

Yummmm!  Time to eat!!!  This is great hot or served cold on little rolls ( like Sister Schubert's) ENJOY!!

MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN

1 CUP VEG. OIL
3/4 CUP SOY SAUCE
1/4 CUP Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbs. Dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs. Pepper
½ c. red wine vinegar
2 Tbs. Chopped parsley
2 cloves minced garlic
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (really do NOT use bottled)

Mix all ingredients and put 2-3 lbs. of pork tenderloin in marinade.  Marinate 4-5 hours or overnight.  Grill each tenderloin whole about 15 minutes on each side.  Let rest a few minutes then slice and enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

If you are too lazy to fire up the grill, how long and at what temperature would you put them in the oven? (Was that a sentence?)

Jean said...

Sounds yummy, will give it a try this summer

Donna McFarland said...

Thanks for sharing this, Grandma!! Sounds great and easy and I'm going to try it soon.

Hope things went well for the week. Being the grandmother is such fun...

Donna

dianalynn said...

Hey Ellen! We still use that recipe all the time! It's the greatest! Of course, I didn't make it up so I can say that!

I enjoy your blog! Congrats on your new granddaughter!

Diana