Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday's Favorite from the Oklahoma Plains

Friday’s favorite thing  (yes that is new as of today!) is straight from the rolling plains of Oklahoma, my home state.  Just returned from dropping off #3 child at the University of Oklahoma (can’t hardly stand to type that as I am an OSU grad,  and no I do not sing Boomer sooner!) for her last PT rotation. My new favorite was a gift from one of my favorite cousins, Kay, and it is the “Pioneer Woman Cookbook”.
 For those of you are ‘out of the loop so to speak’ this is by Ree Drummond, aka pioneerwoman.com. Not only is she my inspiration for blogging (#1 blog in America) but she is from just up the road from my home town of Cleveland, Okla.  My father used to do business with the Drummonds and I believe her father in law may be the guy my friend had a crush on and we drove by his house in the next little town like 9 zillion times (about 100 years ago). The Drummonds have been in the ranching business in Oklahoma for several  generations.  I  Loooove everything she writes about; recipes ( down home cooking), photography (she took all the pics herself), and just rural life in general.  The book is beautiful, so many pictures of life on the ranch, step by step pics of recipe making and you finally get to see ‘Marboro Man’ (her husband whose presence is always in her blog but whose face never is ) full front!! Ranch hand sweat and chaps and all!!
This is waaaay more than a regular cookbook!  It is a feast for the senses.  You gotta run, don’t walk to get your copy.  Thank you cousin Kay, you’re the BEST!!!! (She has given away about 15 of these)
Have a great weekend!!  ele

No comments: