Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cuisenart ice cream maker & Raspberry Yogurt

My favorite thing today is my red (my favorite color) Cuisinart counter top ice cream maker. I got mine at Costco but they are sold everywhere.  Never again will I pack in the ice and salt and listen to at least an hour of grinding to get homemade ice cream!  What I like is there is no mess and it is quick and easy. Today I made fresh raspberry frozen greek yogurt.  It is soooo simple.! Take a small carton (maybe 1/4 pint) of fresh raspberries and put them in the food processor with about 3/4 cup sugar.  You can use splenda if you would rather but I don't have that measurement. Whirl those together until pureed.  Then put about 3 cups of non-fat greek yogurt. ( You won't believe how creamy something non-fat can be!) Put this in with the raspberry mixture and whirl it all together (love that word whirl!) . Taste to see if it is sweet enough for you.  There is always a little tanginess with greek yogurt.  Then put it all in the Cuisinart ice cream maker and turn it on!  In about 10 minutes you will have a luscious treat!!! Enjoy!!

No comments: