Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Don't forget the smells!!


Yumm!! Warm pineapple upside down cake made in my old cast iron skillet on a cold winters day!!! (of course it is served on my favorite blue and white platter!) The smellllll is heavenly!!! (no calories in the aroma right?) It just made me want to remind you to never neglect the scent of your home. I have been in some of the loveliest homes that were spoiled by bad odors. (usually pets)
Now let me say that I have pets in my home so I am very aware of this. There are many ways to crate great aromas in your home: candles, baking, plugins, (be ware they can get too strong,) and the list goes on and on. I personally use a lot of candles. I prefer the fresh citrusy or clean linen scents. Also be aware that soy candles burn much more cleanly in your home that wax candles. Another way to give off a great aroma is to boil @ 2 cups of water with some orange rind, apple rind, whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, vanilla extract. (not all at once but 2 or 3 of these) Let it simmer for a while and your house will smell as if Betty Crocker herself has been baking yummy stuff in your kitchen. Better yet, just bake something yummy and your home will have those heavenly smells with an actual end result to enjoy!!! Stay warm!!! ele

No comments: